A pitted tooth is a tooth with decay, a condition very common in the population, around 80% and 90% of people suffer. Cavities are areas of damaged teeth caused by bacteria in the mouth, caused by poor dental hygiene or the intake of certain foods and beverages with sugars.
Acting on time will be the only remedy to cure a tooth decay, since those that are not treated tend to enlarge and cause infections, often irreversible to the tooth. For this reason, it is necessary to go frequently to the dentist to detect any cavities and act immediately. In a how we are going to show you the different existing options of how to cure a chopped stone.
Steps to follow:
- The fluoride treatments help repair the teeth in the first stage of caries when damage is only produced in the enamel of the wheel. We speak of a very early treatment, when only caries appears, in which a fluoride solution is applied that contains more than the amount in the toothpaste. This treatment lasts only a few minutes, it is applied on the grindstone in the form of gel, foam, varnish or liquid, and your dentist will advise you how often to do this treatment to help that tooth decay does not reach a more advanced state.
- The dental fillings are used when damage to the ground wheel is permanent. It is a material that replaces the area of the tooth affected by caries and is very common to apply once the lesion has exceeded the enamel erosion stage. The treatment is based on filling the cavity, where previously the caries is removed with a file to give shape to the original tooth. The filling materials that are used are different, they can be resins of the color of the own tooth, porcelain, amalgam of silver or compounds of different materials.
- The dental crowns are used when the ground wheel is advanced, so that the tooth is lime whilst fitting a cover made as covering all molar. It occurs when the stage of decay is very advanced and we need to restore the tooth completely, so that the original piece is still kept but a crown is placed on it, protecting the tooth. The crowns can be made of porcelain, gold or porcelain fused to the metal.
- Endodontics is practiced when the caries reaches the pulp of the tooth, affecting its nerve and tooth completely. This treatment is then practiced, which consists in removing the pulp from the molar and replacing it with a prosthetic filling.
- And finally, we have the extraction of the grindstone if the decay seriously affects the piece and deteriorates it in such a way that it cannot be reconstructed. This happens when we arrive late to the infection of the caries and this has already occupied the entire molar area, leaving it irreparable.
When a tooth is removed, however much it is placed at the back of the mouth and is not perceived, it must be given a solution not only for aesthetics, since the space left by the vacuum of a tooth leads to the movement of the other molars, so they change their position and our bite and chewing function can be altered. You should consider covering that space with a bridge or a dental implant.
- Remember the importance of going to the dentist to receive the appropriate treatment depending on the state in which that broken tooth is. If your present pain, in addition, you can consult the advice that we indicated in the article How to relieve toothache with home remedies.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the faculty to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We advise you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to how to cure a broken tooth, we recommend you to visit our category of Family Health.