Heart failure has become the most common reason for death in the UK for the last few years. This condition is well known with another term “Congestive Heart failure”. According to medical health professionals, heart failure primarily occurs when the heart stops pumping enough blood. In such cases, fluids get stuck in nearby lungs and cause breathing difficulty. We know you want to know more about it and here you go.
Causes- Heart failure is not about a single particular cause. There are few specific causes that can lead to major issues like failure of the heart, such as
- Sometimes undiagnosed heart problems like Mitral Valve regurgitation, coronary artery disease and heart blockage cause heart failure.
- High blood pressure is another major cause of heart failure.
- According to the research evidence, it could be stated that mental illnesses like anxiety and burnout could cause heart failure.
- High cholesterol is considered a primary reason for heart failure. Such cholesterol can create barriers and make the blood pumping system weak. And as a result, this causes heart failure.
Symptoms- Sometimes heart failure doesn’t give any chance to be diagnosed or treated. But most of the cases it causes some noticeable symptoms which we shouldn’t ignore, such as
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulty
- Irregular heartbeat
- Fast or rapid heartbeat
- A feeling of heaviness or tightness
- Over sweating
- Lack of energy
Risk Factors- Although one single risk factor can cause sudden heart failure but here we have a list of few common risk factors such as
- Heart diseases like Mitral Valve regurgitation, serious heart blockages, Heart attack, Irregularity of heartbeat and more.
- Heredity plays a major role here. Sometimes people develop the risk of heart disease through their hereditary influences.
- Hypertension or High blood pressure.
- Regular drinking and massive smoking
- High level of cholesterol
- Mental illnesses
Treatments- And here comes the most searched topic on the internet. As heart failure is very sudden so most of the time it doesn’t give us enough time to receive treatment. So by this term treatment, we mean eliminating its risk factors. Reducing the number of risk factors can prevent the chance of heart failure which is the one and only treatment of heart failure. And here we have a list to reduce its risk factors.
- Regular heart check-ups from a reputed clinic
- Taking the medications on time.
- Do not smoke excessively
- Do not ignore the symptoms your heart produces.
- Treat all the diagnosed heart issues by receiving treatments like medications, surgery and heart blockage treatment.
- Exercise regularly
- Follow a healthy diet
- Stay active
Hope now you have got the answer for each and every query that you had. So, it’s time to nourish your heart more. We wish you a happy, healthy heart.