Veeam Software is a global provider of backup and disaster recovery solutions for service providers and businesses to safeguard network data across hybrid infrastructures. The Switzerland-based firm created an environment that improves the protection of different workloads across main platforms via the Veeam Platform. The company, which now earns more than $1 billion in sales each year, is a backup and recovery industry leader with operations in more than 180 countries. The backup service presently serves 82% of the Fortune 500 and has over 400,000 clients globally.
Backup & Replication by Veeam
What is Veeam software used for? Veeam Backup & Replication is the company’s flagship solution and platform for contemporary data protection. The Platform assists enterprises in safeguarding their hybrid infrastructure, which includes physical, virtual, application, SaaS, and cloud workloads. The following are key characteristics of the company’s solution:
- Backup and recovery options for efficient restorations
- Data reuse for testing, mining, and DevOps
- Replications and disaster recovery orchestration for critical applications
- Monitoring and analytics for added visibility, speed, and security
- Storage and management APIs offer scalability for growing networks
Availability Suite by Veeam
The Veeam Availability Suite combines backup and replication from the firm as well as Veeam ONE, an add-on that gives comprehensive monitoring and analytics to an organization’s complete IT infrastructure. Administrators may manage resource allocation, automate configuration problems, and assess the condition of network segments with information from software agents such as Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV, and VMware vSphere.
How Does Veeam Work?
Veeam’s software works on a hypervisor, which is a software layer that allows several virtual machines (VMs) to run on a single physical computer. The initial duty for Veeam is to create a complete backup of each virtual machine. It then employs caching and duplicate removal algorithms to save only fresh information in the VM images.
Benefits and Options for Veeam
The Veeam Availability Suite has five primary features. They are as follows:
- Choose what you want to restore and how quickly you want to recover it.
- Preventing data loss: Near-constant data protection combined with simplified recovery techniques
- Veeam stands behind its ability to restore any program, file, or virtual machine, with no exclusions.
- Visibility is important: Receive alerts and benefit from constant monitoring to become aware of problems before they disrupt operations.